Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that assesses, diagnoses, treats, and works to prevent disease and disability through physical means. Physiotherapists are experts in movement and function who work in partnership with their patients, assisting them to overcome movement disorders, which may have been present from birth, acquired through accident or injury, or are the result of ageing or life-changing events.
The College of Physical Therapy guided by DMMC–IHS, will provide a relevant and research – based curriculum and quality therapeutic programs to produce globally competent and service – oriented physical therapist.
DMMC Institute of Health Sciences College of Physical Therapy / Occupational therapy will be the leading provider of quality provider of quality therapeutic programs in the country.
- To design and develop a balance program of research , service and practice that is responsive to the diverse and challenging needs of both local and international communities.
- To develop relevant programs with appropriate learning experience.
- To implement research – based health care programs that are geared toward policy – formulation inherent to productive clinical experience.
- To create a development program for the faculty and staff particularly focused on their personal and professional growth.
Nostalgic Memorabilia of BSPT in DMMC Institute of Health Sciences
DMMC Institute of Health Sciences open the BSPT course with 3 students.
- The new CMO 23 series of 2006 of BSPT was introduce in DMMC IHS-CPT
- Identification of Marco Antonio Ilagan, PTRP as 1st College Coordinator.
- First Acquaintance Party for Physical Therapy students and election of officers Re-aligning all General sciences and P.T subjects to new CMO 23.
- College of Physical therapy open the first batch of P.T proper with 2 students.
- Identification of Dr. Conrad Narsil Dimalaluan as Dean and Erwin S. Ocampo, PTRP as full Time faculty.
- Joan Aldueza, PTRP, was mobilized on PT subject proper subjects.
- DMMC IHS awarded as Permanent Permit to Operate CPT by the CHED.
- August 16, 2008 – The creation of Physical Therapy Student Society headed by Mr. Erwin Ocampo, PTRP, the first student society in DMMC IHS.
- Creation and Re Design of Anatomy Laboratory and P.T Laboratory.
- The First Seminar sponsored by CPT and PTSS “ Identification and Management of Osteoporosis”.
- 2nd Annual election of PTSS First Student handbook and internship manual were developed by Erwin S. Ocampo, PTRP
- The 2nd Seminar of BSPT “ Law for person with Disability “ by Atty. Bituin.
- Mobilized P.T student in the community for Marketing Brigade, sponsored by PTSS
- Acquisition of Specialized training centers of CPT in Manila.( PGH, Veterans Memorial Medical Center, Lung Center of the Phil.Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center, Mary Mediatrix Medical Center and DMMC).
- First P.T intern of DMMC IHS – Ghada Usman on her first Rotation – Lung Center of the Phil.and finished in Rank 2 in all clinical performance.
- Planning of P.T curriculum ( CMO 23 ) to FSBPT – based curriculum.
- Creation of facebook account of PTSS, an official FB account of CPT.
- Member: Philippine Association of Rehabilitation Science schools.
- The first and complete thesis were establish in DMMC IHS, by Ghada Usman. Miss Usman graduated with distinction in almost all of the training centers with recognition.
- 3rd Annual Election of Officers of PTSS
- Creation of new CPT curriculum – revised curriculum of BSPT.
- First Inter high school Poster making contest sponsored by CPT and PTSS
- BSPT bags 1st place in inter college quiz bee championship.
- Creation of blogsite. email@example.com, CPT’s mini website.
- Approval of new BSPT curriculum.
- First Field Trip of BSPT students sponsored by PTSS.
- Application in process. Membership on Association of Philippine Physical Therapy Students.